Welcome to the 2012 Pinterest Challenge!
Have I mentioned to you how much I love Pinterest? Oh, I have? A few times? Sorry about that.
If you are not familiar with what Pinterest is, I highly suggest hopping over, taking a tour, and signing your butt up. I promise, it's worth it. It is a wonderful place to keep track of all your favorite blog posts, ideas, recipes, and pretty much anything you find on the internet that you want to remember for a later date.
Pinterest is a fabulous site for finding great things, but it can also be a huge time suck. How many of you spend hours every week browsing and repinning, but rarely actually doing any of the things you find? How about we change that?
Every week, I want to give all of you the opportunity to show off your Pinterest finds. Each Thursday, I will host a link party. Simply do something you found on Pinterest that week, blog about it and link up to share your Pinterest goodness with the rest of the blogosphere [well, at least everyone here!]
It can be anything. Whether it's a recipe that you try for the first time, a homemade product, a knitting pattern that you fell in love with & decided to make, a photo that you took that was better than past photos because of tips you found on Pinterest .... you get the idea!
So What do I Include in My Blog Post? What Are the Rules to Participate?
- To make this fun for everyone, there are a few guidelines when participating.
- Find something off your Pinterest boards to recreate. Simple enough, right?
- Make sure in your post that you link back to each week's link party. The more people we have participating, the more successful it will be [and the more traffic you will get to your site!]
- You must include photos! So whip out that camera and show us what you've done. We need proof people! Show off your awesomeness! Since Pinterest is all about finding ideas from other blogs, make sure you give credit where credit is due. Simply put, the idea you found on Pinterest most likely belongs to another person, so make sure you link to it in your blog post.
- Please link ONLY to the specific blog post for that particular week. Do not link to past posts. Do not link to your main blog page. I will do random checks and if you are just linking to your blog, I will delete you from the link party.
- HAVE FUN! Be creative. Try something new!! Participate every week, once a month, or just a handful of times. But be proud of what you accomplish and show it off!
So that's it, everyone! Eventually, there will be a button that you can include in each of your weekly posts. But I will get to that in the coming weeks & will update this page as necessary!